During my recent Las Vegas trip, I got to taste the Chia Seed Parfait at the Giada and I really loved it! The moment I tasted it, I knew I wanted to replicate it so that I can enjoy something similar at home. So here’s my not-a-celebrity-chef-just-a-normal-person version of that parfait.
For this Raspberry Yogurt Chia Seed Parfait recipe, I used Mountain High Low Fat Vanilla Yoghurt.
Mountain High provides versatile, wholesome and yoghurt at a great price that both your palate and your wallet will love. Mountain High started making yoghurt in 1976 using a traditional European method fondly renamed “Cultured in the Cup” — a method still in use today. The milk and cultures are mixed together and put into the same cups that are shipped to the store later. The cups sit in a warm room for several hours while the cultures work their magic: thickening the yoghurt and giving it its distinct creaminess and tang.
Since Mountain High uses only cultures to thicken our yoghurt, there is no need to add any gelatin or funny stuff. And it’s not just any milk they use either. Because they want the milk to taste perfect, they look for farms where they never treat the cows with growth hormones. All Mountain High products are made with just a few simple ingredients, and all of this simplicity makes Mountain High awesome!
Save on your Mountain High Yoghurt purchase!
Click here to subscribe to the Mountain High Yoghurt monthly newsletter and receive a coupon for $1.00 off 2 Mountain High Yoghurt tubs!
Recipe: RASPBERRY YOGURT CHIA SEED PARFAIT with Mountain High Yoghurt
- 1 cup + 1/4 cup Mountain High Low Fat or Fat Free Yoghurt in Vanilla
- 1 cup vanilla-flavored almond milk
- 3 tablespoons + 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- sliced almonds
- In a medium bowl, mix 1 cup Mountain High Yoghurt, almond milk, 3 tablespoons maple syrup and chia seeds. Stir until you get an even consistency. Refrigerate overnight.
- In a small bowl, crush raspberries with a fork and mix together with 2 tablespoons maple syrup.
- Spoon the chia seed pudding into a cup.
- Add a layer of the raspberry-maple syrup on top, then add a layer of Mountain High Low Fat or Fat Free Vanilla Yoghurt.
- Top with 1-3 fresh raspberries and sliced almonds.
- Serve and enjoy!
My son and I both loved this parfait recipe! And you know what, if you’re not in the mood to create perfect layers, you can just mix everything together and enjoy it! What’s important is that you’re eating something that’s both yummy and healthful.
You can opt to substitute strawberries for the raspberries (or any other fruit you like for that matter) so feel free to customize based on your taste!
And don’t forget to subscribe to Mountain High’s monthly emails so you can get a money-saving coupon for your next yoghurt purchase!