We’ve been seeing a lot of the sun lately so hubby and I bought new sunglasses at the mall the other day. But of course, I know we shouldn’t forget that our baby also needs some protection from the sun. Good thing Babiators sent me a pair of sunglasses for my baby!
Babiators are sunglasses for babies and kids with lenses that offer 100% protection from UVA and UVB rays. Here are some facts posted on their website about babies’ eyes:
- When compared to adult’s eyes, children’s eyes have fewer natural protections against UV exposure, making them more likely to be damaged.
- Published scientific research concludes that up to 50% of lifetime UV ray exposure may occur by age 18, so it’s imperative that we protect our children’s eyes now!
- According to Dr. J. Keller Wortham, a physician with Optimum Wellness Family Medical Group in Los Angeles, excessive exposure to the sun during daily activities can contribute to cataract formation, macular degeneration, pinguecula and pterygium (growth on the eye’s surface), photokeratitis (snow blindness), and skin cancer on the eyelids.
- The EPA recommends you wear sunglasses even on days with a low UV index!
- Given that children’s eyes do not have as many natural protections from UV, children spend more time in the sun than adults, and time in the sun can lead to permanent eye damage, it just makes sense for kids to wear sunglasses!
There are a lot of reasons to love these glasses. First, Babiators are safe! They are BPA-free and have a flexible rubber frame design perfect for my baby who loves to put almost anything into his mouth! Second, the lenses are impact- and shatter-resistant so I don’t have to worry when my baby bends or twists it.
Babiators are designed by an F-18 fighter pilot and are available in two sizes (Ages 0-3 and Ages 3-7+) and 10 colors: Black Ops Black, Blue Angels Blue, Rockstar Red, Princess Pink, Wicked White, Superstar Silver, Nighthawk Navy, Beach Baby Blue, Limelight Lime, and Sneak Attack Pink & Black.
And you know what makes the Babiators a great product all-in-all? It has a guarantee that in case your baby loses or breaks it, the company will replace it! Here are some pictures of my baby wearing his Babiators while playing with me and my hubby at the park behind our house!