I received a gift card to facilitate this post. Thoughts are my own.
Safeway understands that many dairy items – such as milk, butter and cheese – are staples in families’ diets and need to be purchased regularly. Lucerne is the only brand that covers every major dairy category with a wide variety of products.
With tasty dairy products, Lucerne is a great choice for your holiday dishes! Safeway’s Lucerne Recipe Booklet (which you can download below) has lots of recipes that incorporate Lucerne dairy products. And I decided to try the Baked Cheese and Bacon Jam Bites recipe.
These are crispy bite-sized shells with a warm, creamy and savory mix of cream cheese and melted jack cheese topped with smokey bacon jam. And I must say these are yummy!
Baked Cheese and Bacon Jam Bites
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Servings: 15 mini cups
- 1 box (15 mini cups) Safeway SELECT® Mini Phyllo Cups
- 4 oz (½ box) Lucerne® Cream Cheese, softened
- ½ cup Lucerne Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- 8 slices Safeway® Farms or Safeway SELECT Bacon
- 1/3 cup Safeway SELECT Apricot Preserves
- 2 tbsp Safeway® Kitchens Apple Cider Vinegar
- Fresh thyme, for garnish (optional)
- In a microwave or large skillet, cook bacon until crisp (drain fat), then allow to cool before cutting into pieces. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, heat and mix apricot jam and vinegar over medium heat until well combined. Next, stir in bacon and bring ingredients to a rolling boil. Once this is reached, reduce flame to low and simmer for 5 minutes. This will create the bacon jam used later in step 5.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and shredded jack cheese with a mixing spoon.
- Spoon a teaspoon of cheese mixture into each phyllo cup. Press down a bit to flatten.
- Top each cup with a dollop of bacon jam.
- Bake at 350°F for 7 minutes or until bacon jam just starts to lightly caramelize.
- Plate and serve, garnishing with a touch of fresh thyme if desired.
The recipe calls for phyllo cups but since I wasn’t able to find one at our local Safeway, I just got the phyllo dough and made cups out of it.
These are very easy to make, and very delicious too! I personally prefer filling the top with bacon jam instead of just putting a dollop but then that’s just me. Feel free to tweak the recipe as you like!
This holiday season, you can treat yourself to Lucerne’s limited edition Cranberry Orange Cream Cheese, Peppermint Whipped Topping, and Pumpkin Pecan Creamer!
For 110 years, families have trusted the simple goodness of Lucerne as a wholesome, healthy and nutritious dairy brand they can exclusively find at their local Safeway stores. While Lucerne packaging has been given a makeover, shoppers can remain confident that they will continue to get the same high quality dairy products at a great value that they have come to know and love.
Free Safeway Lucerne Recipe Booklet
To celebrate the wide variety of Lucerne’s products and its longstanding superior taste and value, here’s a variety of Lucerne recipes for you to enjoy!
You can also visit Safeway’s Lucerne Recipes board on Pinterest for some ideas and inspiration!
$110 Safeway Gift Card Giveaway
One lucky reader will receive a $110 Safeway Gift Card so he/she can try out any of the recipes using Lucerne products! Giveaway is open to US residents and ends December 22 at 11:59pm EST. To enter, CLICK HERE!
I was compensated for this post. Regardless, thoughts are my own.