We’re just about a week away from Thanksgiving and a lot of us are probably preparing not only for Thanksgiving dinner, but also for some Black Friday shopping. But in the midst of all these preparations, don’t forget to pause and remember why we’re all celebrating this holiday — to give thanks.
To give thanks for all the blessings we’ve received; to give thanks for our family no matter how annoying they can sometimes be; to give thanks for the small things in life — that we’re still breathing, that we have a place to go home to every day, and that we have friends to turn to when we have problems or when we’re just plain bored.
Giving thanks to and for our friends — Friendsgiving! Show your kids why friends are worth being thankful for with this month’s picks. Explore lessons about friendship from a few of the greatest duos, including Rory and Lorelai, Charlotte and Wilbur and Bob and Larry, whose all-new Netflix original, “VeggieTales in the House,” starts streaming Nov. 26.
Here are some movies you can stream on Netflix. These demonstrate the value of all kinds of friendships — whether it’s a sibling bond, classmate or furry friend!
For your little kids:
2. Bert and Ernie: Sesame Street: Elmo and Friends
3. Bo and Dezzy: Bo on the Go!
4. Justin and Olive: Justin Time
5. Tod and Copper: The Fox and the Hound 2
6. Clifford and Elizabeth: Clifford
And your big kids:
2. Shaggy and Scooby: Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated
3. Vada and Thomas: My Girl
4. Martin and Chris: Wild Kratts
5. Finn and Jake: Adventure Time
6. Mario and Luigi: The Super Mario Bros. Super Show!
7. Charlotte and Wilbur: Charlotte’s Web
Plus a few for mom and dad:
2. Schmidt and Nick: New Girl
3. Ted and Barney: How I Met Your Mother
4. Liz and Jack: 30 Rock
5. Walter and Jesse: Breaking Bad
6. Mulder and Scully: The X-Files
7. Wayne and Garth: Wayne’s World
Now that’s a lot of movies and shows that can remind us how blessed we are to have friends we can laugh and cry with! What are you watching on Netflix this month?
I am a member of the Netflix #StreamTeam and I received a complimentary subscription as well as other perks. Thoughts are my own.