Baby wipes are a must-have item for parents – and with good reason. Eventually, though, the time comes when Junior just isn’t burning through quite as many of these quilted sheets. While this is definitely a time to celebrate, it’s also a time to wonder what to do with that one-year supply of wipes that you picked up from the bulk store.
Whether you’re the parent of a newly potty-trained toddler or just someone who finds themselves with a lot of messes, these wipes are extremely versatile.
Uses in the Home
- Dusting the Foliage: Wide-leafed houseplants, like rubber trees, have the bad habit of collecting dust. In nature, gentle breezes prevent unsightly dust bunnies from taking up residence in these plants. Domesticated rubber trees, however, may need a helping hand from time to time. Try to find a hypoallergenic or eco-friendly wipe; check out Honest.com’s baby wipes – they’re unscented and plant-based, since unnatural scents or oils can do harm to your greenery.
- Avoiding the “Barbeque-Chic” Look: Just because those grilled ribs were delicious doesn’t mean you need to walk around all day looking like you bathed in the sauce. Set a package of wipes out beside the napkins at your next barbeque, so that you and your guests can dig in and enjoy, fearlessly.
- Keeping Barbie Looking her Best: Poor Barbie. She stepped out of the box looking so stylish and put-together, if not a bit disproportionate. In a shockingly short amount of time, she was given a haircut, dressed in a new outfit (possibly made from toilet paper or some other less-than-ideal textile material) and a makeover. While you might not be able to reverse the ravages of time, you can at least scrub away the dirt and Crayola marker which someone so lovingly smeared all over Barbie’s face. This trick will also work wonders for mud-smeared toy trucks, peanut butter coated Legos, and almost any other plastic-type toy, according to KidSpot.
- Keeping You Looking Your Best: Was Barbie’s makeover just the latest in a series? Use these wipes to clean up the wet nail polish which somehow ended up on someone’s palm, the mascara that landed in someone’s eyebrow, and the eye shadow that the family dog is modeling.
Uses On the Go
- Crumb Duty: Are you in charge of the soccer team’s snack this week, or is it your turn to pick up lunch for the office? Whether you’re carting a van full of kids or a sedan full of co-workers, having food spilled in your car is somewhat inevitable. Thankfully, these wipes are compact and work on everything from those cookies in the door pocket to that half-caffeinated latte on the upholstery. If you have leather interiors, according to Bright Nest, you should test the wipes on an out-of-the-way location first, since some oils and scents can cause discoloration.
- Staying Fresh: Do you love trekking in the hills, biking in the country, camping in the woods, rafting in the river, or lounging on the beach? No matter how you enjoy the great outdoors, pack along some of these versatile wipes. A quick wipe-down can do wonders for removing mud, sweat, and sand. And if you’re planning on camping out in the wilderness for several days, your friends will thank you for thinking ahead.
- Staying Healthy: Baby wipes are a fantastic addition to any first aid kit. Keeping a package of wipes in a cooler can create a soothing cloth in case of sunburns or overheating. They can also be used for gently cleaning cuts and scrapes before bandaging, and washing your hands afterwards, according to Reader’s Digest.
- Keeping Fido Spotless: If your favorite canine companion tends to accompany you on your excursions, chances are that he’ll be twice as dirty as you by the time you head for home. Wipe down your furry friend’s paws, ears, and fur to keep him clean and happy, and smelling fresh. Just be sure to use unscented, hypoallergenic wipes, or your pooch’s skin may become irritated.
Uses in the Classroom
- Feeling Artsy: Watercolor pencils can provide students with the style of watercolor paint that can be blended without creating an unbelievable mess. Wrapping one of these wipes around your finger and using it to smudge a pencil sketch creates beautiful paintings with no messy cleanup.
- Becoming One With the Arts: Paint, glue, ink – being creative is a messy business. Luckily, these sturdy wipes are up to the challenge. Therefore, go ahead and finger paint! Use every rubber stamp in your collection and glue to your heart’s content. Once your masterpiece is complete, clean your hands, stamps, counters and brushes. You’ll be fresh and as good as new in no time.