I participated in the Microsoft Office 365 campaign on behalf of One2One Network and received a one-year subscription of Microsoft Office 365 Home Premium. All opinions stated are my own.
I am big Microsoft Office user and fan. I love how easily I can use their programs to create whatever I need. I don’t only use Microsoft Word for documents and I don’t only use Microsoft Powerpoint for presentations. I also use them for editing photos. I actually first learned how to edit photos on Word and Powerpoint, and I still use them for graphics despite the fact that there are now a lot of other programs and websites built specifically for that purpose. And I also use Microsoft Excel for forms and not just for tables and computations.
I guess I can say that Microsoft Office is a suite of programs that every computer (or at least the ones that I use) has to have. We use these sorts of programs at work, but instead of it being the simple package that I use at home, we also use Microsoft Licensing services, so we can make the most out of Microsoft products. I feel like if a computer does not have Office, it won’t let me get a lot of things done and so it’s next to useless for me. Like, what am I going to use that computer for? Just for the internet? Yes, there may be online applications and websites for creating documents, but I don’t think any of those can do what a full Microsoft Office program can. At least not in my standards.
So imagine my excitement when I received the Microsoft Office 365 #GetItDone kit with a 1-year subscription to Office 365! With the Microsoft Office 365 Home Premium, not only am I getting latest and most complete set of Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher and Access), I also get the following benefits:
- 1 license for the entire household to use Office on up to 5 devices (Windows tablets, PCs or Macs), and get Office on Demand from any Internet-connected PC;
- an additional 20 GB of SkyDrive cloud storage, nearly 3 times the amount available with a free SkyDrive account;
- 60 free Skype world calling minutes per month to call mobile phones, landlines or PCs around the world;
- future upgrades, so you always use the latest time-saving technology; and
- automatic save to SkyDrive, so your documents — and even your personal settings — are always available from virtually anywhere and on your favorite devices.
Now even as a stay-at-home mom, I love the flexibility I get with Office 365. Since my husband usually asks me to edit some of his letters and documents, I can now easily edit his files even when he’s at work and I’m at home because his laptop’s Office is connected to my laptop’s Office here. No need to use a 3rd party email application!
The “9 to 5” working hours has blurred and nowadays people need modern technology to find balance. From the home to the office, and especially on the go, people all around the world are working differently than the past. And according to a recent study conducted online by Harris Interactive on behalf of Microsoft, more than half of office workers (53% specifically) would be willing to work more hours (and 1 in 5 people would be willing to take a pay cut) to have more flexibility in where and when they got work done.
The results of that study reflects how I feel actually. Since becoming a mother, it has been my top priority to spend more time taking care of my family, managing our home and being a support system for my husband who just been recently promoted as manager at work. To be in a 9-5 job, while great for income, would make it so much harder for me to do everything I’m doing right now as a stay-at-home mom. But if I could find a full-time job with flexible hours and without having to commute to the workplace (so I can stay with my son all day), I would be willing to accept a pay rate lower than my usual.
And I’m just glad that Microsoft Office 365 is making it possible for companies and employees accomplish their tasks without actually being in the office. So hopefully more companies would adopt this system.
Here are 5 tips on how to #GetItDone with Microsoft Office 365!
1. Save documents in the cloud. It’s important to have tools that work the way you do, so Office 365 lets you save your documents in the cloud on SkyDrive. Now n matter where you are, your information and ideas are available on your terms.
2. Take digital notes. OneNote is a digital note-taking app designed to keep you organized. Use it at home, school or work for recipe collecting, class notes, projects and more. Not only is OneNote part of Office 365, but it also comes as a free app for Windows Phone, iPhone, iPad and Android. Capture thoughts, ideas and to-dos in one place with OneNote, then access them across your devices via SkyDrive.
3. Use Office on your phone. Get stuff done on the go with Office on your Windows Phone, iPhone or Android phone. Access, view, edit, and share Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents by simply downloading Office Mobile on your phone and logging in with your Office 365 account.
4. Collaborate with anyone. Office Web Apps are free, touch-friendly web versions of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and OneNote. Share and simultaneously work on documents with classmates, friends, and co-workers from any browser. All you have to do is sign up for a SkyDrive account to start creating documents.
5. Have Office on 5 devices. You and your family work on more than 1 device and so does Office 365 Home Premium. With 1 subscription you can put Office on up to 5 PCs or Macs and 5 phones (iPhone or Android). Extra point If you are struggling with some aspects of the Microsoft office package, it might be a good idea to check out tutorials from websites similar to live2tech.com. My friend told me that their guides are informative.
Enter for a chance to win an all-expenses-paid trip of a lifetime!
Show Microsoft how you #GetItDone and you (plus a friend) could win a trip to some of the most happening events anywhere! Get it done alongside the most accomplished athletes, filmmakers and musicians around—on a trip to NYC, a journey to Park City, Utah, or a musical voyage to Austin, Texas. Visit the #GetItDone contest on Facebook to share and enter to win!
The Grand Prize winner will win:
• A February trip to NYC — America’s most get it done city — with enough cash to buy tickets to the big football showdown or to catch your favorite Broadway show;
• A trip to Park City, Utah in January, where you can slap on your skis and get it done in between indie flicks in Park City; and
• A trip to Austin in March, where you can enjoy a bootscootin’ week of living history, live music and interactive in the heart of Texas!
Fifty people will also win a FREE 1-year subscription to Office 365 Home Premium! Don’t miss out on your chance to win! Enter here!
Get a chance to win a 1-Year Office 365 Home Premium subscription (US $99.99)!
Giveaway is open to US residents only. Ends November 24, 2013 at 11:59pm EST. Void where prohibited. Must be at least 18 years old to enter. No Purchase Necessary. To enter, use the form below. Good luck!
Disclosure: I participated in the Microsoft Office 365 campaign on behalf of One2One Network and received a one-year subscription of Microsoft Office 365 Home Premium. All opinions stated are my own.