Your time spent relaxing at vacation spas will eventually come to an end and you’ll have to head back to your normal routine. However, those good feelings of well-being and peace don’t have to end when your vacation does. There are several things that you can take home from the spa that will help you to maintain your feelings of calm serenity.
Take Home: Good Habits
Follow these five habits that you learned while enjoying your spa vacation:
- Hydrate thoroughly. Most people don’t drink enough water. The advice from experts ranges from eight glasses of water to one gallon of water each day. Depending on your activity level and the type of medications you take, you may want to closely monitor the amount of water that you’re drinking.
- Learn to relax and breathe deeply. Relaxing provides many health benefits and can be done in your own home, with or without the soothing candlelight.
- Take time to read. There are many experts to back up the benefits of reading. Devote at least some of your down time to this brain exercising activity.
- Skip large meals and fit in several smaller, lighter meals. If you have spent time at a wellness spa lately, then you may have access to some great recipes. Don’t undo the benefits of your spa days by delving into bad eating habits.
- Learn how to treat yourself. Bringing home some of those feelings of indulgence can help you to recreate your feelings of renewal. Focus on activities that help you to fully relax or treat yourself to a well-deserved change of pace. Maintain the nutritional and emotional habits that you learned while at the spa.
Take Home: The Spa Atmosphere
You may not be able to take a spa vacation every week, but you can recreate the soothing feelings of comfort and pleasant sensation that you enjoyed while you were there. Use these items to create an at-home spa atmosphere.
- Essential oils – Whether you infuse them into the air for their aroma or massage them into your skin, essential oils can boost your mood and will provide many other health benefits as well.
- Candles – The flicker of the flame and the soothing scent of the candles can take you right back to your days of relaxation. Some spas may sell their own brand of candles, so that you can enjoy the scents that were so soothing when you were on vacation.
- Spa Soaps, Scrubs, and Oils – Many spas today create their own lines of spa products. Some spas even give you the chance to pick your own lavender, sample the organic honey, or press your own essential oils. Taking those luxurious products home with you can help you feel like you’ve never really left the spa.
- Thick and Cozy Towels – Wrapping yourself up in a warm towel is the perfect end to a quiet soak. Provide yourself with a giant towel or a luxurious bathrobe for a good, after-soak snuggle.
Take Home: A Reservation
No spa experience is complete without the knowledge that you will be there again. The assurance that another luxurious vacation is in your future will help you to cope with the daily stresses and jobs that make up most of your life. Relax today and look forward to tomorrow.